Friday, October 16, 2009

...a new bedtime ritual

my son is into this new bedtime ritual.

we read a book, sing a song, pray. then one by one we say good night to all the stuffed animals in his crib. (good night elmo, ni-ni larry, good night monkey, ni-ni mr bear...) then i end with a ni-ni judah and a couple of good "i love you more than i ever thought possible" kisses...

that has always been the routine...

and now this new piece has emerged... as i walk out the room i hear this "one more kiss mommy" and with out fail, i walk back in the room give that little man one more "i love you more than i ever thought possible" kiss and close the door.

i hope that exchange sticks around for awhile...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it...I am driving to nebraska and could really use one of those judah kisses right about now!

Sally said...

I remember a similar bedtime routine with my mom. I also remember how much the love she showed with simple things like that helped me grow into the person I am now.

So, keep being an awesome mom. Good things will happen.

kellen.kurtz said...

case...judah would LOVE to give you a big smooch. hopefully it will be soon and very soon...

sally, thanks! i'll remember that.... he'll be saying "one more kiss mommy" when he is your age so it will be good to know those kinds of things were indeed important! :) hope india is well today!